Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Reshaping My Writer's Bottom Line: Update

Now is the time of a woman's discontent and her thoughts lightly turn towards chocolate. I have been working hard for 16 weeks and yes, I have come a long way BUT  I still have a ways to go. I know some of my eating habits have slipped. However, I am not beating myself up over it because I know why it happened (Easter) and what needs to be done. There are also several dates looming. I am going to London later this month to have my annual visit with my editor and then at the end of June it is the RWA National Conference. Two things to keep me on the straight and narrow.
With exercising, I have really been focusing on paying attention to the form. Making sure that my squats are low enough and my arms are raised high enough. Low weights, high reps. Sometimes, it is just the doing it that matters. Yes, it would be easier some days not to do it. Yes it is a pain in the butt to make the time, particularly when I have a very busy schedule and other claims on my time. BUT the reward is worth it. I want a better figure and the only way to get is to sweat and to put the time in.

The revisions for my full went in yesterday and I wait with baited breath to see what my editor thinks.  The revisions were hard and the book is now very different. Is it better? It has a lighter feel which hopefully give a more upbeat read.  Warm emotion.

I have also started working on my next one which I am very excited about. Again it is thinking about that warmth of emotion and trying to make sure that it is provides a rich but upbeat read.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Fingers crossed on the revisions Michelle, and huge congrats on the exercise regime. I've recently embarked on WeightWatchers to shift some beef! So far I've lost 12.5 lbs - but as you say - it is sooo hard to stick too. Temptation is there all around. Caroline x

Rula Sinara said...

Congrats on getting those revisions in :). I slipped on the eating today just because I was running around so much preparing for company, but I'll be good tomorrow. I've been doing Jillian's Ripped in Thirty for just over a week now, but I can already feel the difference. And you're right...I don't sweat easily (even while running) but her workouts make water steam out of you!

Hey Caroline! Congrats on the 12.5lb loss! Awesome!

Michelle Styles said...

Caroline -- Huge congrats. Have you discovered The Healthy Writer Blog? http://www.healthywriter.com/
Good for motivation.

Rula -- Hooray for doing the Ripped in 30. I don't think that one is over here yet...but it sounds great. Apparently there are a lot of new tortures/exercises