Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some authors make you stay up late

I should have known by the name on the front cover.
I should have known when my daughter kept coming down saying that the book made her cry.
But arrogantly I thought I could read a few pages...and then go to sleep.
Umm no, India Grey's latest had me turning the pages and reading. Tears flowed down my face. Thoughts of sleep vanished. I had to get to the end.
India is really growing into her talent. Spanish Aristocrat, Forced Bride is a lovely escapist read. Just do not read when you need sleep...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Haven't read India's one yet it's on my TBR pile. So thanks for the warning - I'll have the tissues ready. Just about to start Kate Hardy's latest - can't wait for bedtime! Take care. Caroline x

Jackie Ashenden said...

It's a good one eh? Really bittersweet. And I love India's descriptions. So evocative. Wish I could do description like that!

Unknown said...

Ah-- thank you so much! Have been away from the computer for a couple of days (a long and tedious story involving floorboards, builders and a lot of swearing) so I've only just seen this, and I'm smiling for the first time in ages!

Lacey Devlin said...

I've fallen into the same trap! I've had to ban romance reading before bed-sleep deprivation makes me cranky... apparently...