Thursday, August 27, 2009

exam relief

My daughter got her GCSEs today. Relief all around as she did very well indeed.

One of the things that I think helped in both of my children's foreign language results was the Rosetta Stone language programme. It is excellent and did give the added tuition. When you compare the cost of the programme v the cost of private tuition, it works out much cheaper. Anyway, rather than waiting for my youngest to get in trouble, he has already started working on the Spanish version. 10 minutes or so per day and then he can play computer games. Each of my children though took a different foreign language!

My eldest is now firmly of the opinion that studying does work and is the secret to exam success.
He also keeps warning my daughter that you have to start studying for A levels from the word go. They are a huge step up and more is expected of you.

Right now, I think she is just enjoying the kudos that comes with exam success.

The stress levels in the house have gone right down!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! Say congratulations from me!

Kate Hardy said...

Congrats - fabulous news.

And now you can have a stress-free week before school starts again (or do you go back earlier than we do?)

Donna Alward said...

Hooray for K!

And I never stressed over exams. I know. Can you believe that, knowing me? But my theory was, if you do the work all year, then exams should only be review of what you already know. I saw so many people cramming to learn something new. I simply studied to review and remember and it helped a lot.

Nell Dixon said...

Yay!!! wonderful news!

Caroline said...

Excellent news . Congrats to your youngest. Take care. Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

Congrats!!