Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rita/GH and difficult heroines

First of all, the RITA/Golden Heart finalists were announced yesterday. It was truly a stunning list. I was so pleased that both Anne McAllister and Jessica Hart made the finals of the contemporary series. My daughter was over the moon that several her favourite historical authors -- Eloisa James, Lisa Kleypass, Julia Quinn and Elizabeth Hoyt had finalled. You can read the full list here.

Some year, if I up my game, maybe I will make the finals...One has to hope.

Right now I am wrestling with a difficult heroine and hero. I changed things around and rapidly realised that I would be retreading Impoverished Miss to a certain extent. The themes would have been far too close. So it is back to my original idea and figuring out how to make it work. It should be really good if I can. At the moment though, I keep coming up with dumb reasons.

2 comments:

Donna Alward said...

Take it back to the characters. They might give you a clue as to how it should start off...

Anne McAllister said...

Has your daughter tried Joanna Bourne and C S Harris, Michelle? If not, tell her to give them a chance as well. The historicals list is a hugely strong list this year. Maybe it is every year, but this year it seems really to have some dynamite books on it.

Good luck with your difficult heroine.