Monday, February 09, 2009

Mind over matter

My youngest decided he was ill. He came downstairs looking terrible and every so often would pathetically cough. I made him honey and lemon. No joy as he sips it. He claims he is becoming worse by the breath.
Finally, I took his temperature. Normal. I inform him of this fact. No temp, no vomiting equals school with an option of coming home if they can not hack it. He finishes his honey and lemon, jumps up and gets ready for school. Suddenly, he is well and racing around.
Tonight he gets an earlier bedtime...it does not matter that he is a teenager. He needs his sleep.

Does anyone know at what age man flu starts?

Also my eldest son has decided to grow a beard. It has been six weeks. He has trimmed it and neatened it. At the moment, he looks like a submarine captain. His moustache is very fair and very slow to grow. I live in hope that this phase will pass. But there is nothing I can do about it.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Have you seen the hilarious 'Man flu' clip on YouTube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EElqrgk4N0

It is scarily true to life :-)

(If the link doesn't work you can just type YouTube man flu into google and the first hit is the right video)

Donna Alward said...

OMG, this post made me laugh SO hard this morning and as you know I need it.

Man-flu? And submarine captains?

LMAO!

Kate Hardy said...

Man flu and submarine captains. I don't know whether to hug you first or crack up!