Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Snow and moles


There is a light dusting of snow on Mt Molehill this morning. Even my dh who is partial to moles has agreed, it is time to call in the mole catcher. At least a quarter of the lawn has now been turned over to the mole's excavations...

My dh's one condition is that I wait until the cold snap is over. So we continue to level the hills and I hope Mr Mole decides to find a new place of residence. Of course, he could be busy inviting his friends and relations in for the holidays as well...

The new wip (which is not a M&B) is going slowly. As it is a bit more plot heavy, I have had to do a lot of thinking and rejigging.

This has been compounded by the fact that I discovered Lady Worsley's Whim An Eighteenth Century Tale of Sex, Scandal and Divorce by Hallie Rubenhold. It is thoroughly fascinating account of one of the first celebrity divorce trials and happening as it did at the end of the American Revolution and with one of Lord North's most loyal supporters embroiled in a sex scandal, it may have influenced when the end of the war came.
My imagination has been sparked in many directions, BUT this is also when I have to apply discipline. There are other ideas who are screaming to be written. On the strength of this book, I did get Rubenhold's other book -- The Covent Garden Ladies which tells the tale of the Harris Book of Courtesans and its beginnings. Research can be fun. It is one of the reasons why I write historical romance.

2 comments:

Avi J said...

Ouch! Those moles sound annoying. I actually have a dog that likes to dig around in the yard. I tried obedience training and tying him. He just leaves these big holes in the yard and I have to keep filling them up. I would think the amount of times he gets a bath he would quit it. But he just has to be probably the only dog that loves water.

Michelle Styles said...

LOL on your dog Avi.
I know several dogs who are like that. They tend to be of a terrier type and were bred to dig.
My labador loves water but my collie doesn't. But neither of them loves a bath... For my lab -- the smellier the water, the better.