Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas is nearly here

Christmas is still spelt deadline. The book is due on 6 January. However I have finished my refinements to QI and have done my proofs for An Impulsive Debutante.

Rereading An Impulsive Debutante was such fun and reminded me why Lottie Charlton became one of my favourite heroines. And if you liked Jack Stanton, you will love Tristan Dyvelston.

My only hope is that QI is as good. Actually with my current editor, I am certain it will be.

One thing that my editor did point out is that historicals are truly going down to 75k. So it means my current one does not have to be quite as long. And for me, it means that I have to be more careful with my word choice.

It is Christmas Eve and so here is a picture of this year's tree. The ornaments have been collected over the years and are lovingly put on. It is one of my favourite parts of Christmas.

I have sent my cards, wrapped all the presents, the food is in and my in laws have arrived, so Christmas has truly begun.

6 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Merry Christmas, Michelle. And may 2008 be stellar for you.

Nell Dixon said...

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Well done for all your hard work Michelle-- I'm so looking forward to enjoying the results in 2008!

Wishing you the happiest of Christmases, and the best of new years.

xxxx

Donna Alward said...

Merry Christmas! Don't forget to take a *little* time to relax.... If I have to, so do you! :-)

Liz Fielding said...

Merry Christmas, Michelle, and a fabulous New Year in which all deadlines are met with an entire week to spare!

Anne McAllister said...

Merry Christmas, Michelle. Enjoy the holidays! I'll look forward to Mads in the new year.

xx
Anne