Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness month


October is Breat Cancer awareness month. And if you had not read Day LeClaire's account of her bout with breast cancer on PHS, it is well worth a read. Hopefully, it will make someone stop and think. The piece is also very inspiring and tells how one woman fought to get her creativity back. And I for one am pleased she did as I did enjoy her books before she became ill.

One thing that I am very proud of is how HM&B donates money every year -- 10p from every Modern or Modern Extra from the October publication cycle sold will go to support breast cancer research. Modern happens to be the most popular line.

There is very little else I can say, but read the article...

1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

Day's post made me cry, and I agree it's worth a read.

On the phs there is also a link to a site where if you click, it goes towards donating free mammograms. I think that's awesome.