Friday, August 17, 2007

Unusual Historicals on casting heroes


Today I am blogging at Unusual Historicals about the inspiration behind some of my heroes and how sometimes I have had to recast them. Please go and have a look, and tell me what you think.
Recently I have had to recast my current hero to a James Purefoy type as the image of Henry Brett was not quite working for me. Would he be strong enough to take on the second hero who is definitely modelled on a Richard Armitage type?
As an aside, I think that this is the part of the problem with Robin Hood, Richard Armitage as Sir Guy steals the show. He is far too strong and Robin comes across as the weaker character.
Anyway, I am about ready to go dow to the Midlands and to go visitng historic houses, in particular historic houses with priest holes. Normal service on this blog will resume on Tuesday.


3 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

You are so right about RH. I was sitting there, thinking how Marian had chosen the wrong man - she'd have had far more fun redeeming Guy...

Thanks for your kind comments on TCNFF. :o)

Nell Dixon said...

Which houses, Michelle? I know some good ones.

Unknown said...

Have a fab time. Wish I was coming with you rather than packing up for a weekend's camping!

Is Charlecote on your itinerary?