Thursday, April 26, 2007

Magic knickers and me

My post about getting ready for the RNA lunch is up on the Pink Heart Society. Natasha Oakley has manged to decorate it quite nicely, including finding a picture of magic knickers. I believe they are called spandex in the US. All I can say is that they are totally hilarious to put on, and I do have a new found respect for celebrities like G Paltrow. But they do hold all the bits in....And she put a picture of my skirt on the post, and not hers...

Tomorrow should be fun, but I am also nervous. It is a big event in the world of commerical publishing. There will be lots of people there. The Savoy is rather posh. Luckily there will be friends and friendship is priceless. So seeing all of them will make my day.

I have my own prediction of who will win (and it isn't me). Kate Walker is accepting predictions and I think giving away a prize.

On Friday evening I will be seeing Wicked The Musical! I am not thinking about the return train journey.

Thewip has been going v slowly for a number of reasons. Thankfully my editor is not starting to crack her whip, although my cp will be. My middle was muttering about taking away books and forcing me to write on the train because she wants to know what happens next...Iwould like this one to be really good, but we shall have to see. Sometimes the crows flock.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see you and your magic knickers.

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time tomorrow; I'll be thinking of you. And my fingers are firmly crossed for The Gladiator's Honour :-)

Yay that you've discovered Monsoon.
Can't wait to read the wip. Hint. Hint.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Good luck, have a lovely time.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow magic knickers and all :-)

Donna Alward said...

I second Sue. LOL

Seriously....it's such a lovely lineup that you can't be sorry for ANYONE to win...but I'm secretly pulling for you. :-)

Thanks for blogging yesterday....and you know I feel the same way. Trust, objective and supportive. Check, check, check.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!