Saturday, March 10, 2007

PHS and more astrology

First my blog about how I use a synopsis to get me through to the end of the book is up at the Pink Heart Society. At the moment, I am laughing at my current synopsis as the ending has totally changed. It just worked out that way. But I think the ending will be stronger.

After my post last week about astrology, I went and ordered my own copies of Sun Signs and Love Signs. It is amazing even after more than 25 years, I could remember some of the words and knew what was coming next. The books are as thorough as ever. And perhaps because tey were written in the 60s/70s, the males they do protray tend to be more on the alpha side. But even with that, you can quickly pick up the traits. And even after al this time, the Arian male is still my favourite. Which is just as well considering my dh's birhtday is coming up at the end of the month...
But as I am nearing the end of my current wip, I need to start thinking about my next one, and I am considering -- just because it terrifies me -- writing a scorpio male.I think he would fit for the story I want and if I make the heroine who did appear A Christmas Wedding Wager a late Cancer, it could work every well indeed. It is the challenge of the thing. Can I write a truly dangerous male? One who has a sting in his tale? It is an interesting exercise.

A side note, my middle who has read an early version of A Christmas Wedding Wager thought this character worthy of her own story. She has been on and on at me...My editor has not said no...

Now all I have to do is finish VC. And I have promised my cps that I will. It is matter of figuring out how to do it.

No comments: