Thursday, May 26, 2005

Off

I am off on my hols tomorrow --the Isle of Lewis with one night either side in the Highlands. Fingers crossed we get to Culloden battlefield (it has been promised you see)

The ducklings are nearly ready to fledge. Their yellow bibs have on white and the soft grey down has turned chocolate brown. They can stay in the pen until we get back (the Animal aunts will have to cope) and then we will clip their wings and they can go into the garden.

I had a lovely lunch with Kate Walker, Anne McAllister and Anna Lucia. We spoke about books and everyone was very nice about me climbing walls vis a vis the gladiator book. It is a question of how long is a piece of string. And it is all still to play for. But their words of calm reassurance were such that I feel much calmer about the whole process.

Now all I have to do is find the bug spray and my hiking boots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Scotland, Michelle.

Glad you had a lovely time with Kate, Anne and Anna.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Scotland, Michelle.

Glad you had a lovely time with Kate, Anne and Anna.

Sue Child

Anonymous said...

Oops. I was trying to get my name at the top, I'm not sure how I managed to post twice.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Michelle, sorry I missed saying goodbye - hope you had a great holiday and got to Culloden! Glad you had such a nice time with Kate, Anne and Anna. (I know I always enjoy having lunch with Kate W - and the time just vanishes!)